Brain/MINDS Marmoset Brain MRI Dataset NA216 (In Vivo) and eNA91 (Ex Vivo)
Dataset Description :
This page serves the Brain/MINDS Marmoset MRI datasets NA216 and eNA91 for previewing and downloading.
NA216, which were taken in vivo, includes NIfTI files (.nii.gz) of T1WI, T2WI, T1WI/T2WI, DTI metrics (FA, FAc, MD, RD, and AD), and label data, and csv files of connectome matrices (structural and functional), for individual brains and population average. They were mostly taken from 216 individuals with an average age of 4.46 ±2.62 years old.
eNA91, which were taken ex vivo, includes NIfTI files (.nii.gz) of T2WI, DTI metrics (FA, FAc, MD, RD, and AD), and label data, and csv files of structural connectome matrix, for individual brains and population average. They were mostly taken from 91 individuals with an average age of 5.27 ±2.39 years old.
Usage Notes :
- A description of the region names for individual lines and columns of the SC and FC matrices can be found here.
- For the purpose of online previews, original data have been preprocessed and formatted for optimized display. E.g. for most Nifti files, contrast enhancement of the data was performed to improve visibility. The resolution across in vivo and ex vivo was standardized and bit-depth reduction (to 8-bits) on the majority of data was used to reduce loading times.
- Some web browsers (e.g. Safari) might display CSV files in a new tab when clicking on the download button. In that case, the file can either be saved from the newly opened tab (shortcut: [Command]+S), or directly downloaded using [Ctrl]+click on the download button and selecting “Download linked file”.
Related Publications :
- Junichi Hata, Ken Nakae, Hiromichi Tsukada, Alexander Woodward, Yawara Haga, Mayu Iida, Akiko Uematsu, Fumiko Seki, Noritaka Ichinohe, Rui Gong, Takaaki Kaneko, Daisuke Yoshimaru, Akiya Watakabe, Hiroshi Abe, Toshiki Tani, Henrik Skibbe, Masahide Maeda, Frederic Papazian, Kei Hagiya, Noriyuki Kishi, Tomomi Shimogori, Tetsuo Yamamori, Hirotaka James Okano, Hideyuki Okano. Multi-modal magnetic resonance image database of marmoset brains. bioRxiv 2022.09.21.508952;
- Yawara Haga, Junichi Hata, Akiko Uematsu, Fumiko Seki, Yuji Komaki, Mai Mizumura, Marin Nishio, Takaaki Kaneko, Noriyuki Kishi, Hideyuki Okano, Akira Furukawa, MR Imaging Properties of ex vivo Common Marmoset Brain after Formaldehyde Fixation, Magnetic Resonance in Medical Sciences, 2019, Volume 18, Issue 4, Pages 253-259, Released October 15, 2019, [Advance publication] Released February 07, 2019, Online ISSN 1880-2206, Print ISSN 1347-3182,
- Seki F, Hikishima K, Komaki Y, Hata J, Uematsu A, Okahara N, Yamamoto M, Shinohara H, Sasaki E, Okano H. Developmental trajectories of macroanatomical structures in common marmoset brain. Neuroscience, 364(19):143-156, 2017.
- Uematsu, A., Hata, J., Komaki, Y., Seki, F., Yamada, C., Okahara, N., Okahara., Kurotaki, Y., Sasaki E. & Okano, H. (2017). Mapping orbitofrontal-limbic maturation in non-human primates: A longitudinal magnetic resonance imaging study. NeuroImage 163, 55-67.
Contributors and Acknowledgements :
Laboratory for Marmoset Neural Architecture : Experiments, Image processing.
Connectome Analysis Unit : Viewer development, atlasing.
As part of Brain/MINDS project, this work was supported by Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED).